Discover the crisp volcanic wine of Santorini and learn how to cook melt-in-the-mouth Santorini dishes on a 6-hour cooking class and wine-tasting tour of Santorini.
Visit two traditional Santorini wineries to taste their vintages and then help a local chef prepare a course of three Santorini signature dishes at a traditional restaurant.
Enjoy all your fresh-cooked creations at the end of your cooking lesson and taste wine the estate locally produces.
- 6-Hour guided wine-tasting and cooking class tour in Santorini
- Visit two traditional wineries and learn about Santorini’s unique viticulture
- Sample up to 8 different types of wine such as Assyrtiko and Vinsanto
- Learn how to cook Santorini signature dishes by a local chef
- Savor all your fresh-cooked creations at the end of your cooking lesson
- Explore the wine & flavors of Santorini in a fun and interactive way
- Small groups with a maximum of 8 ensure a personalized and intimate experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Estate Argyros or Hatzidakis Winery
- Gavalas or Venetsanos Winery
- Cooking class restaurant/winery (Artemis Karamolegos or Avantis Winery)
COOKING LESSON / LUNCH MENU
- Greek salad, Santorini version (vegetarian)
- Tomato-fritters (traditional Santorini appetizer, vegetarian)
- Main dish (signature Santorini dish)*
- Dessert of the Day (Santorini homemade, served after lunch)
*During lunch, can be replaced with a vegetarian dish or chicken upon diet preference/special request.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Hotel / Airbnb pickup and drop-off.
- Transportation by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz minivan.
- Visits at three renowned wineries featured in respected wine magazines such as Wine Spectator & Robert Parker.
- Wine tasting of 8 different types of wine.
- English speaking, wine expert guide & a local chef.
- Cooking lesson.
- Full lunch with wine.
- Recipe card.
- All taxes.
- Admissions and tasting fees at the wineries.
The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces.
This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
- This is a small group (shared) tour, that can accommodate up to 8 people.
- Operated as private, the tour can accommodate larger groups upon request.
- Duration 6 hours approx. Exact duration may vary.
- Departs from Monday to Saturday at 09:30 am (pickup time may vary depending pickup location).
- Available from April to October.
Parts of Santorini are built on a slope, in case your hotel /Airbnb is inaccessible by car due to landscape, pedestrianized areas or any other restrictions, your pickup will be set a nearby meeting point location within walking distance from your accommodation that will be advised after your booking.